COVID-19 Protocols: Updated July 2021
New COVID-19 Protocols, July 2021
As of Thursday, July 1, 2021, Vestal Veterinary Hospital is happy to welcome our clients back into the building! Please see below for information regarding our updated COVID-19 policies. At this time all clients and staff are required to wear a mask while inside the hospital. You can read more about this policy at the bottom of this page.
Our goal is to ensure the health and safety of both staff and clients alike. We want to prioritize your time with our doctors while still providing quality care for as many patients as we can accommodate in a day. The following plan has been formulated with these goals in mind.
Curbside Services Moving Forward:
Vestal Veterinary Hospital is proud to offer the same quality of service both inside and outside our building. Any client who chooses to remain curbside at this time is welcome to do so.
Our Tech Call appointments will continue to be curbside so that we can prioritize clients in the building that need to see a Doctor for their visit.
The Medication Pickup Window will stay open! We are very happy with the positive feedback we have received about our Med Window and will continue to provide fast and efficient pharmacy pickup moving forward.
Regular Appointments, Urgent Care, and Emergencies:
All pets seeing a Doctor for their visit may be accompanied by One (1) family member inside the building. All clients and staff are required to wear a mask while inside the hospital. You can read more about this policy at the bottom of this page.
Scheduled Appointments & Urgent Care:
- Stay in your vehicle and call 607-754-3933 to check in.
- An assistant will call you back to receive your pet’s history.
- An assistant will call you again when it is time for your pet’s exam. You will bring your pet into the building and go with an Assistant to an exam room.
- Once the exam is finished you may be asked to either wait in the waiting room or return to your vehicle while we continue to care for your pet in our treatment room.
Emergencies: If your pet is experiencing a life-threatening emergency, come directly to the front entrance and ring the bell. You will be brought into the building and our Stat team will start caring for your animal while you check in with our receptionists.
Surgery / Boarding:
- If you are dropping off an animal for surgery or boarding (between 7 am - 8 am) please come to the front entrance and ring the bell. You will be brought into the building to check-in.
- To pick up your pet please call 607-754-3933 to let us know that you have arrived at the hospital and remain in your vehicle. Your pet will be brought out to you.
Face masks are required in all areas of the hospital. Please take the time to understand why we require masks within the hospital.
- Vestal Veterinary Hospital will not be asking clients to show proof of their vaccination status. We understand not everyone is able to be vaccinated.
- CDC guidelines still require everyone inside human healthcare facilities to wear masks. As a healthcare facility, we feel it is our responsibility to follow these same guidelines.
- Our hospital has many small/confined, shared spaces that do not always allow for social distancing. We are doing our best to ensure proper social distancing whenever possible.
- Some of our clients and staff are not vaccinated, cannot be vaccinated, or have medical conditions that make them a higher risk for contracting COVID-19.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding as we take these next steps toward the new normal.
At Vestal Veterinary Hospital, we understand that your pet is an important member of your family. Our expert staff treats each pet like their own, and will make sure you and your animal companion feel like part of our growing extended family. We offer high-quality, compassionate medical, surgical, and preventive care so that your pet can live a long, happy life.
Here for Your Pet
We are committed to you and your pet. With our state-of-the-art facilities and accreditation from the American Animal Hospital Association, you can ensure that your pet is in the best hands. Take a look through all of the services we have to offer. We look forward to meeting you and your animal companion!
Caring for Pets and Educating Pet Owners Since 1960
We believe that education is a vital part of pet care. At Vestal Veterinary Hospital, we are dedicated to educating our clients about what they can do to keep their pets healthy. We offer nutritional counseling and other educational tools so that you can make informed decisions about your pet’s health care needs. We use a teamwork approach when it comes to your pet’s health and want you to be a part of the process.